Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Eve Eve

Nope...I didn't stutter, today is the Eve of Christmas Eve.  The day you (almost) panic because you have only one more day before the actual Christmas Day.  One more day before the last day to do last minute shopping, gift wrapping, and baking. Yeppers, you guessed it...I've been busy in the kitchen making different cookie doughs that have to be chilled before you can roll them out and bake them into yummy cookies.  Sugar Cookies, Gingerbread Cookies, Snickerdoodles, and then I baked up a batch Oatmeal Raisin.  



Tomorrow I will be mixing up a few batches of Chocolate Chip and then a batch (or two) of Peanut Butter Cookies.  Yep, its the holidays, and I live to bake cookies at Christmas time!!  And, will have some help getting those yummies baked and decorated.  Steph is coming by along with a friend's Little One.  Nothin like bakin goodies with youngens!
Oh, And this is not all...no no no...I have some yummies I baked up last week at my friend Liz's house.  



Biscotti !!  

Absolutely scrumptious with coffee in the mornings. Almond with dark chocolate drizzled all over, and Chocolate Almond with both milk chocolate and white chocolate drizzlies.  (Gotta have the chocolate melting in my coffee!!)    
 And her house smelled delicious with the scent of anise from her Pizelles and she also had previously made Anisette Biscotti. Also very yummy with chocolate drizzlies and dipped in the morning coffee!  
My baking venture at Liz's house was only just the beginning.  I was a bit under the weather last week, so not much got done except collecting the groceries for the big cookie bake-off, but on Monday of this week, I did manage to play in the chocolate.  



Chocolate-dipped Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies are just a wonderful concoction that most of my friends wait patiently for.  And then with the extra melted chocolate, dipped pretzel rods with candy sprinkles. In case you hadn't guessed, chocolate is a staple for all things good in our house!!

Still a little dusting of snow left from this past Saturday night's snow sprinkle.  A little chilly for it to be only December.  And quite a bit early for the big snowstorm they had just a few miles north of us. Just wish we coulda had more snow here...I love love love to play out in it...snow sledding, snowman building, angel making, snowball throwing, and then the bestest part is warming up around a campfire with marshmallows and snugglin next to your lovies.  oooooo winter is for snugglin, definitely!


Hope you had a blessed Christmas Eve Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment