Monday, January 12, 2009

Getting this week off on a good start...

Have you ever had a project "speak" to you?? (Its okay...I'm not a fruit loop)
Well, Steph has a friend she borrows books from alot, so as a thank-you to Mary, I thought making her a book cozie would be a nice idea. Well, I started it right after Christmas, didn't like the way it was working, so I frogged it, and started over...adding black popcorns to break up the varigated colors in the yarn. I got it to the point where it was time to sew up the sides, and, it just said..."I wanna be a purse". I had to agree...cuz you know, I have this purse & tote feddish. So, I added a strap, added an inside pocket, and below, is the "I-don't-wanna-be-a-book-cozie" purse!





I used RH Strata yarn (I just love the way it is variaged with so many colors) and RHSS black. I added crochet fringe to the flap to extend it further & give it a funky flair, and the strap I used 1 strand of Strata & 1 strand of black in sc.




This is a close-up with some purse stuff to give you an idea of the overall size.


Oh...and I had to add a matching sweater to my coffee cup!!
(free pattern from http://sukigirl74.blogspot.com/search/label/cozies)

So now, I have a purse and no book sock for Mary...so I pulled some more yarn outta the stash basket, and worked this up. I started it on Saturday at the Trails End Craft Meet, worked on it some Sunday, and finished it up today. I really like how all the different shades of gray & pink blended so well, and the textures of the different yarns.














I used a combination of Vanna's Choice Pink, some baby yarn in a softer, pale pink, RHSS dark gray (?), Lion Boucle in a mixed gray, and Jiffy in light gray. All yarns were already in a ball, except the Vanna Pink was a new skein. Only busted one ball & rolled the Vanna skein into a ball, so this project gave me a +2 for my stashbusting score - the purse gave me a +1 for the Strata yarn (it was already in a ball when I started it). I don't plan to go yarn shopping, so I should end the week with a positive score. The stashbusting is a CAL (crochet a long) on Crochetville. Check out the link over on the right...

I'm planning on working on one of the WIP afghans I started after Christmas, getting as far as I can with the yarn I have for it, and then once that yarn is used up, I'll start working on the Circles lapghan I started a couple weeks before Christmas.






Have a good week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment