Sunday, January 16, 2011

Progress...


Just wanted to share the progress of my WIPs for this week.  


The Star Round Ripple...



and Angel's Granny blanket...

I would've gotten at least 3 more rounds done, but...i have to weave in my ends because they were driving me batty, just hanging in there.  Thats the only downfall to making a granny ghan...there's too much space between the shells to secure the ends when changing colors, so you have to weave them in.  This took way too long for my liking, so I will weave in the ends as I go for the rest of this project!!  

And a newbie for my desk at work...

I love the look of bright colored granny squares finished off with black... now to make a pencil caddy...will have a can to crochet a cozie for after dinner tonight!!  


I also got part 1 of a swap gift done for a friend, have another item to make before i send it out.   Can't share the pics with you until she gets it...don't wanna ruin the surprise!!  


I do have a slight dilemma....
The yarn I'm using for the Star Round Ripple is mostly from my stash...the white and the varigated is yarn I bought over 2 years ago from a LYS in Onancock, VA.  I only bought 2 skeins of both (total 4) and thought it would be enough to accent.  I have enough to maybe do 2 more rounds in the variagated and 1 more round in the white.  I don't want the completed project to be dominantly burgundy or yellow...so do I try to get more of the varigated or....do i try to match the blues in the varigated and add a few rows of the solid blue?? I checked out Plymouth Yarn's website, and they still make the varigated color.  ( Color #7144 )  
Here's a closeup ... 

Opinions??  

1 comment:

  1. I try to weave as I go also. Otherwise the project may sit there for a while before I get around to completing it.

    Love the colors! Great Job! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete