Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ponderings....
The holidays have been over for a month now, and we now struggle with the day to day hum-drum of cold and gloomy winter, all while waiting patiently for the first signs of spring.  This has been another cold winter, and for some up north a bit from where i am, its been very, well, lets see....white and fluffy!  Its funny to me how we get through each season and phase of the year...we anxiously wait for something and anticipate all the good that will come from it, but then once its here, we don't seem to be satisfied for very long and then start getting anxious for the next season.  Funny how we do that.  


Personal Ponderings....
Usually with each new year, comes thoughts of new ideas, new goals, and improvement from last year...pondering what to do to make this year different than years past.   So far, I've been on the hunt for a better job, to be full-time, and offer benefits. So far, I've been on 2 interviews within 1 week, and sounds hopeful....so please keep your fingers crossed!!  


House Ponderings....
I have also pondered about some projects I want to get done for this new year...but one in particular that is right now, just wasted space....fixing up the basement so it can be use-able space....such as a section for storage, a section for escaping, and maybe a section for exercising.   Yep...i said escaping...kinda like the man cave/woman cave thing.  Wouldn't that just be awesome to have a space where you can just escape and be left to your own creativity??  Hubby is pondering furniture refinishing for a hobby and the basement would be a perfect place for it.  He also has a couple buddies that stop by from time to time, and it would be cool for them to have a place to, well, just be guys. A couple game tables, TV, a couple chairs....well, now, that is a project that will have to take some major pondering so that we do it just right.  


Crochet Ponderings....
I've also been pondering about my crochet projects I've started and patterns I'd like to try.  I'm starting Kylee's blanket over...just not happy with the way its turning out.  I think I will weave in the ends and give it to her for her baby dolls.  I truly love the starburst ripple pattern designed and written by RoseRed.  I am on my 2nd one, which is a gift and I think I'm going to do Kylee's in the same pattern, but with the same bright colors as before.  


Progress on the Yarn Hunt....
The manufacturer has discontinued that color, but there is a yarn shop about an hour away that says she can still get it from the distributor...so we will see.  They had 1 skein left in their stock, and mailed it to me, so that will get me a bit further.  Its still sitting in a bag, patiently waiting.   

No comments:

Post a Comment