Monday, January 05, 2009

Steph's Christmas Scarf

I finally got this done!!! I have been working on it for over 2 weeks now...I really struggled with the black yarn. Its so dark, and sometimes hard to see the stitches, plus there was so much of it that was just "plain". If I do another scarf in black, I will have to re-think the length or do a different stitch that works up faster. Most of this is in hdc - I started doing it in sc, but soon changed - I'd be next Christmas getting it done!





6 comments:

  1. That is really cute! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed checking out all your recent projects. Absolutely love the purse. Can see why it was crying out to you -- I totally agree. I'm gonna have to make me one of those book cozies. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty scarf! I was also going to leave a comment on your January 12th post asking you how you liked my coffee cosy pattern, did you have any difficulties with it?
    I love the yarn you used for it!

    I'm not sure why but I couldn't see a place to leave comments for that post. Anyways, I loved checking out your blog!
    cheers suki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the crochet work you've done. I see why the purse came out the way it did. The book bag is nice too. And a great way to use up stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the nice compliments. I don't know why there isn't a comment spot for the Jan 12th post either...
    Suki - your pattern is just awesome!! I had no problems and it worked so quickly.

    I have great inspiration over at the 'ville!! My mom is speechless...she tells everybody how amazed she is that I have done so well. I keep telling her that I have ooodles of friends to inspire me and its just plain fun!!

    ReplyDelete